Founded in 2012, EyeD Pharma is a pharmaceutical company dedicated to the development of innovative drug products in ophthalmology. EyeD Pharma is developing innovative products based on a new delivery pathway of wellknown drugs with the aim of improving quality of life of patients in various ocular pathologies. In 2019, UniD Manufacturing was born, which brings together production activities.
In parallel with its R&D and industrialization activities, EyeD Pharma started in 2017 a commercial activity of medical devices (equipment and consumables) for eye surgery.
EyeD Pharma and UniD Manufacturing lay the foundation stone of their future headquarters. This collaborative environment will allow a positive synergy between R&D activities, production, logistics and administration. Our technological platform will be in the Science Park of Liège and will be up and running from 2022
To support its development, UniD Manufacturing is hiring a Head of Manufacturing.
The mission of the Head of Manufacturing is to define and execute the global the strategy for the production department of UniD, in order to produce R&D, clinical and commercial lots of micro implants releasing small molecules in accordance with cost, quality and customers satisfaction requirements, as defined by company’s objectives.
Main responsibilities :
- For the safety of all the production activities occurring under UniD responsibility ;
- For the application of EHS policies and procedure and will be a key driver in safety improvement program ;
- For the definition, the following and the achievement of the operational objectives of the production department, according to company strategic vision ;
- For the organization and the management of the production department, including the team, the equipment and the processes ;
- For the definition and the execution of the validation strategy of the manufacturing processes, from their development to their decommissioning ;
- For the execution of all the production activities at UniD Manufacturing ;
- For defining the global R&D strategy to screen, developping and manufacturing new micro implant formulations, according to business development proposal ; This responsibility is shared with the Head of QC ;
- For the compliance of the production activities to internal QMS and regulatory requirements ;
- For evaluating the technical feasibility of all new process to be introduced in UniD production area ;
- For the effectiveness of the continuous improvement programs deployed across the production department ;
- For the mid and long term budget definition and following of the production department.
- Master in Degree in Engineering, Sciences or Pharmacy or equivalent
- At least 15 years of experience in GMP production environment
- Proven experience in drug formulation and process development/validation according to ICH Q8 is mandatory
- Broad overview of manufacturing systems and global processes applicable in pharmaceutical manufacturing and good understanding of their interaction with other businesses
- Data driven, with strong statistical background (including Design of experience definitions)
- Quality minded with interest in big data management
- Out of the box thinker
- Natural leadership, with team management experience
- Significant expertise in thermoplastic processing technics (Extrusion, injection, ...) is a plus
- Experience in multi product environment and cleaning validation methodology is an asset
- Willing to work in a start-up environment
EyeD Pharma offer
- A permanent position in an innovative and dynamic and fast growing company
- Full time
Please send your CV and cover letter in English to firstname.lastname@example.org